Kansas Sugar Refining Mill in Hutchinson
The only known remaining structure which was associated with the production of sugar in Kansas in the 1800's. Built in 1881-1882 and never achieved the success it's owner and promoter expected, it closed by 1885. By 1888, the Hutchinson Soap Factory began manufacturing operations and used the building until about 1900. Then, the Nelson Mfg and Supply company, who produced irrigation, and galvanized iron products, and later plumbing supplies used the building until 1965. The current owner purchased the building in 1983 and stabilized it.